Thursday, July 19, 2012

Announce for House Campaign



Peter Ingvoldstad wishing to serve you as your representative to the Vermont House of Representatives

I wish to announce my intention to run for the Waterville, Cambridge House of Representatives seat as a Democrat.  My hope is that in the next few months that Bernie Juskiewicz, Justin Marsh and I can learn from you, what you want from your state government and let you know how we would represent you if elected.  I know Bernie as a Republican and Justin as an Indapendant share my desire to serve our community but we will differ on how to best do so.



As I considered whether to run or not, I made this list of ways I would like to work to improve our state through legislation.  These are my basic beliefs that I would filter and work for legislation on.

·         Encourage an educational system that provides multiple pathways to success, to better insure that all students become self- motivated to develop their capacity educationally, socially, and physically.

·         Develop and support human service programs that encourage responsibility and personal growth, not hand outs.

·         Reward volunteerism that builds community and the positive growth of all our children

·         Continue to develop and support strategies that make Vermont a place people want to visit and live.

·         Research and Develop transportation and energy systems that make use of best thinking at present to balance the short term needs of Vermonters with the long term needs of our environment.

·         Promote access to reasonable healthcare for all.

·         Support governmental policies that build community and our Vermont way of life that are fiscally responsible.

 I would love to listen and discuss your views and clarify mine in the coming months.



I will spend the day this Saturday, May 26th sitting at the Cambridge Transfer Station (Dump Day) hoping that you will sign my petition to run and let me know how I might best serve you.

Peter


www.peterforvermonthouse.com

Friend me on Facebook at Peter Ingvoldstad

802-644-5321 Home;      802-793-7210 Cell

  




No comments:

Post a Comment