Friday, August 3, 2012

Peter Ingvoldstad announces his candidacy for the Lamoille 3 House District (Cambridge and Waterville)


Peter Ingvoldstad announces his candidacy for the Lamoille 3 House District (Cambridge and Waterville)

As a long time and retired Ski School and Camps Director at Smugglers’ Notch and Coordinator for the Lamoille Valley Mentoring Partnership, I believe that I could be a great choice for your Representative to the Vermont House.  I have also served our community on our Lamoille Union School Board for twenty years and you may have seen me around town volunteering in several different capacities.  For example, you may have seen me flooding and scraping the ice rink by the Cambridge Elementary School, used by people from all over Lamoille County  The Ice rink is another example of people coming together to make good things happen for our community and I just like to be part of those efforts.

I was reminded by a good friend as we celebrated the coming of high speed internet to Cambridge and Waterville that I chaired the Cambridge Crossroads work that brought our community together to explore our past and present and then brainstormed what we wanted for the future of our community.  One of the three major objectives we came up with was the ability for all who live here to have high speed internet.  Again, this week we are celebrating that this is becoming a reality.  All of you who came together in that process should be celebrating your commitment to our community and the results that have come from the fact that you showed up to be a part of that process, a process that was a great example of democracy at work.  We came together to express our opinions and then voting to prioritize what was the most important to the majority.

Smugglers’ Notch Resort has received many accolades over the years, in particular magazines surveys filled out by readers have said that we were the best resort for family fun in North America.  I believe that Smugglers’ kept me around for thirty five years because of practices I employed there.  I dare to dream crazy dreams and talk about them.  I listen to other people as they dream and get excited about helping them realize their dreams.  My best work at Smuggs' happened when I was able to sit around with folks and say simply "Wouldn't be cool if?" and then sit back and listened and then simply say "How could we make that happen?"  And then "Who else could we get involved in making this happen?"  And finally the conversations would be about how "We believe that it could happen.........." and there were some pretty neat things that happened at Smuggs' over the years, not because there was this brilliant guy named Peter but because I loved to dream. I loved to share other people’s dreams. I got stoked when everyone got together and worked to make the dreams really work. 


I think that maybe this is why, for some reason Floyd Neese and others saw something that would be of value to the people of Cambridge and Waterville in a Representative to the Vermont House.  My passion is helping people realize dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment