Friday, August 3, 2012

Fundraising Letter


July 20th, 2012



Dear Waterville and Cambridge Neighbors,



As you may know I have decided to run for the Vermont House of Representatives with the hope of serving my neighbors and friends in our Towns of Cambridge and Waterville. I have discovered that this experience can both boost one’s ego and also be very humbling. It is wonderful to realize how many people like what I stand for; at the same time, it is humbling to stand in front of everyone in our community and ask for your support. 



For the past twenty years I have served as a board member of the Lamoille Union Middle and High School and the Green Mountain Technology and Career Center. Through this experience and my participation in Cambridge Town Meeting, I have developed a deep appreciation for our Vermont tradition of coming together to debate and search for the best possible solutions to the issues we face. I have come to believe that the best governance works by having conversations with people at the local level and bringing those ideas to Montpelier to set a vision of what we can become. Our communities can realize that vision by adopting solutions that work best for their individual situations.



2010’s Act 153 and 2012’s Act 156 are great examples of this ideal: the legislation identifies the possible efficiencies and improved student outcomes of school district consolidation and encourages communities to consider the policy. Through my experiences as a mentoring coordinator, school board member, ski school and summer camp director at Smuggs’, I have formed my own ideas of how we Vermonters can work to become stronger in the areas of education, best use of resources, tourism and economic development.  The wonderful thing about running for this office is that every day my thinking is being modified as I talk with each of you.  Through this process of asking for your ideas and brainstorming how we might combine our ideas to come up with the best solutions, I believe I can come to represent you very well.



I plan on sharing our potential solutions on our “Front Porch Forum” – as well as on our neighbors’ front porches – over the next few months. I’m also going to print palm cards, mailings, and lawn signs to get the word out that I am a great choice to represent Waterville and Cambridge.  My treasurer and I have created a budget and know that we could spend up to $4,000.00 in this election. With less than four months to go before the election, it’s time to get my message of community pride and community service out to the voters. If you believe that I would be a strong voice for the district, please consider making a contribution of $25, $50, $100, or $200 to support the campaign.

   

Thanks for any help you can provide.



Sincerely,





Peter Ingvoldstad



P.S. You are invited to a Friend Raiser at the Brewster River Camp Ground on Sunday, August 19th from 4 to 6 p.m.   We are planning a fun afternoon of playing in the Brewster River – Falls at the Camp Ground, a great band (Roulette) playing some good tunes and having fun with everyone’s help on the rhythm instrument bag.   In order to keep costs down and old home flavor high we are inviting folks to bring a salad, or a desert, or a few ears of corn or something to share in the way of drinks.  The only thing missing from the old days will be the barn raising.  Instead I may make a few comments about the future.   Hope you can join us.



peterforvermonthouse.com

2268 VT Rte 108 South

Jeffersonville, VT   05464


802-644-5321

No comments:

Post a Comment